Friday, September 30, 2011

DIY: Easy Chevron Nail-Art Design

Hey Ladies, I loved this chevron nail design I saw on Refinery29.com. I was inspired to try it myself and blog about it for you ladies to try out as well. This nail design is a chic reverse French manicure, the nail art design can be created using a variety of colors. Since I love the color purple and I thought it would be a great color for Fall, I used China Glaze: Coconut Kiss for my base color and L.A color art deco nail art  lacquer in black. Here is a photo of my own design and what I used.


1. Start by painting the nail polish of your choice on the bottom of your nail in a rough triangle shape, it doesn't have to be perfect. Refinery29 used a nude nail polish, and for mine I used a purple.

Refinery29


2. Then taking a thin, precise black brush, I used the L.A art deco, draw two criss-crossing diagonal lines over your nail. You should be drawing over your base color.Then fill in the rest of the nail with black polish.
Refinery29

3. Wait until your nail polish is completely dry to prevent smearing, then apply your favorite top coat and your done. An easy, simple do it yourself Chevron nail-art design.

Refinery29
I would love to see your own design. Tweet me a picture @ FashionRave529 on Twitter.

5 comments:

  1. This is nice! I love:) I don't have a long nails either, now you make me love nail art too!:)Thanks for following me, Kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you're so sweet and your welcome. = ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I think i might possibly be able to accomplish this one!
    xx

    Hot Pink Day
    Shop Blue Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! You can do it, I would love to see it if you do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Fashion/Beauty blogger from Charlotte, NC.