Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving/Fall Nails

Thanksgiving is here and I was inspired to do a Thanksgiving/Fall nail design. I was inspired by the red and orange leafs during this time of year. I love watching the color transitioning of the leafs so I combined these two fall colors into my nail design. I had so much fun doing this nail design, I will definitely have this nail design for Thanksgiving. Below is the complete nail look and a step by step visual tutorial to achieve these Thanksgiving/Fall nails.

      Thanksgiving/Fall Nails


Items Used


Step by Step

1. First apply a clear base coat to protect your nails and nail polish. I used Sally Hansen's Ultimate Shield.

2. Take an orange nail polish of your choice, I used NYC Time Square Tangerine Creme and paint half of your nail. 


3. Paint the other half of your nail with a red nail polish of your choice, I used China Glaze Ruby Pumps. 

4. Take a nail art striper or nail art pen and draw a black line down the middle of your nail where both colors meet.

5. Draw 3 diagonal lines from the middle line to the outer corners of your nail on both sides, starting at the bottom to the top. These diagonal lines will be your leaf design. Apply a top coat to seal your nail design and to give your nails an extra shine.


*** You could also apply gold diagonal stripes if you wish, I did this only on my ring finger using a gold nail art striper.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you were inspired to try this nail art design. I would love to see your nail design if you try this look or try your own Thanksgiving/Fall nail design. Send me a tweet pic on my Twitter @FashionRave529. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with the people you love and create memories that will last a lifetime.


XOXO

12 comments:

  1. Pretty nails! I love the red and orange combo.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber for recreating this Thanksgiving/Fall nail look. I loved it!

    Everyone check it out on my tweet pics @FashionRave529 or on beautylish.com/FashionRave

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute. I need to try this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow they look amazing, love this look!
    now a follower of your lovely blog :)
    xx

    follow back? eye_spy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks eye_spy! Happy you loved it.


    xoxo

    Yes =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so artistic! Very cute nails! Love! ALso thanks for the sweet comment & of course we can follow each other! Thanks!

    Reyna
    http://www.youtube.com/reynalay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Reyna! Your welcome, I loved that leopard outfit. I'm following your blog and youtube.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the nails!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe. I mad I missed this blog at during fall. This would have been so cute to rock. Thx for the tut

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your welcome Coco.You could rock it next year for sure ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Fashion/Beauty blogger from Charlotte, NC.