Monday, February 13, 2012

♥ Valentines Day Makeup Look ♥ Sweet Island Sunset

Valentines Day is almost here ladies and I was inspired to create this mesmerizing Valentines Day makeup look. I created this look by using NYC's eyeshadow duo palette in Island Sunset. This V-Day makeup look is easy to achieve and very affordable. I love the color purple, and pink was the perfect color for the holiday. So go ahead, try this makeup look for Valentines Day or any fun occasion. Check out my picture tutorial below for the complete look.  Hope you Enjoy!

 NYC's City Duet: Island Sunset: CVS $2.99
Step 1                                                                                                 Step 2

Step 1: Start with a freshly moisturized face, I have applied my foundation/concealer. I then applied eyeshadow primer to my eyelids to enhance the colors of the eyeshadows and to keep the eyeshadows from creasing.

Step 2: Using an eyeshadow brush, I took the pink eyeshadow from NYC's Island Sunset duo palette and applied it over my entire lid. You could apply as little or as much color to your liking.

Step 3                                                                         Step 4
Step 3: Using a crease brush, I took the purple eyeshadow from NYC's Island Sunset duo palette and applied it from the inner corner of my eyelid crease to the outer corner of my eyelid crease. Blend, blend, blend in a windshield wiper motion into the pink color to create a gradient effect. This purple eyeshadow adds dept and dimension to the look.

Step 4: Here I took a flat eyeshadow brush and applied the cream color from Elf's Day to Night quad palette underneath my brow bone as my highlight color. Take your crease brush and make sure to blend the cream color with the purple eyelid crease color.

                      Step 5                                                               Complete Look
Step 5: Using an eyeliner brush, I took Wet and Wild's gel liner and lined my lower lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner, creating a slight winged cat eye. I then applied mascara and a sheer pink lip gloss. Vuala! there you have it, my complete Sweet Island Sunset V-Day makeup look.


Whether you enjoy Valentines Day with your special someone or with friends and family...love, feel pretty and have fun.


       ♥   XOXO  ♥

12 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty! I might have to get that palette bc its super pigmented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Surprisingly it's real pigmented for drugstore makeup. The colors are easy to blend and you can build the colors intensity. I'm glad you liked.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color combination, pink makes it pop!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty look!!!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Nice blog Style4curves, I would love it if you'd follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look heavenly! I love the colors you used. It looks professionally done! What talent. I can't get my eyes that good...lol! Love your blog! New follower ;0)

    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Moya2beans! That makes me happy because I'm no pro make artist, I just love beauty. Lol, practice practice practice how I learned.

    New follower of your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it looks just like the photo. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Fashion/Beauty blogger from Charlotte, NC.